Sunday, May 23, 2010

SLC Half Marathon 2010

We ran the half marathon this year and had a great time. If you see from the pictures below, Brady was growing out his mustache until after the race...that's why I love him, right?! Anyway, we had such a great time running together. I always tell Brady to run ahead of me because he is faster than I am, but he always stays by my side...I love him for that. This is the picture we took in the car on our way to catch Trax--eating our bananas and peanut butter & honey sandwiches. As we ran the course, my sweet Nana and two of my aunts were on the side of the road cheering us on--what a great feeling! Not only did they support us, but my sister Missy did too! She came and took pictures of us as we crossed the finish line into The Gateway. I am so glad they came out to support us, not only because it's great to see familiar faces along the way, but because we wouldn't have any pictures if it weren't for Missy. Love you sis! She took so many great pictures. Here are some of the great pics that she took. The crowd at the finish line is crazy! Everyone is cheering and screaming and the atmosphere is so fun. The crowd gives me the last little push that I need to finish strong.
Us running the home stretch!
Missy yelled our name and got a picture of us as we turned around...
Heeyyyyyyy! (I'm in the left-hand corner in case you can't find me).
After finishing--a great feeling.
Stretching and unlacing my shoes--oh it felt so good.Our cool socks designed to prevent blisters. Let me tell you, they really work! If any of you run long distance, you for sure need to get these. They are kind of silly, but they do wonders.


I've been trying for over an hour to upload a video that Missy took of us, but it's not letting me for some reason. Grrrr, stupid technology! Anyway, the 1/2 marathon was great, but now we have our sights set on the Park City Marathon on August 21st. Ahhhhh! What are we getting ourselves into?!?!!!

4 comments:

kori said...

I'm so proud of you guys! Brady cracks me up - i love the mustache

Stacey said...

Yahoo! Congrats on the run. How was your knee? Love the socks! I ever had problems with blisters but I kind of want to get them just cuz they are so cool:) Park City :0 I hear it is a hard one. Good Luck!

Alesha said...

Those socks are so funny, I want some just because they are funny. lol Good job you two!

just jason said...

one of these days we're all going to do a race together. like DISNEYLAND HALF 2011!!!!!