Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Lava Hot Springs

We celebrated our 3rd anniversary on December 28th by going to Lava Hot Springs; it was so much fun! We loved just relaxing, going out to dinner, soaking in the hot pools, sledding and snow shoeing. We stayed in the cutest little hotel called the Home Hotel; it was so nice. Brady also surprised me with a couples massage which was excellent! I love getting massages and it seems as though Brady always gets us a couples massage on our anniversary--I love it.
Here's Brady putting on his snow shoeing gear before the big adventure :) After snow shoeing quite a ways, we came upon this little house that is designated for snow shoers to eat their lunch and relax. So, we did just that. We ate our Lunchables and then decided to use the sleds in the house and sled down the big hill. We spent over an hour there just sledding! We had the whole hill to ourselves--talk about a good time!
Me and my favorite guy in the whole wide world
We came across this pit-stop and drank the cold, fresh water. It was amazing! I swear Lava Hot Springs has the freshest water I've ever tasted. Mmmmm!
Me snow shoeing
Brady being Brady

So beautiful--Just like the Dixie Chicks say "Wide Open Spaces;" it really was so pretty.
We had to warm up with some hot chocolate that night because it was 1* outside. Brrrrr! So cold!
Videos of us sledding; we seriously had so much fun.


6 comments:

The Philpot Family said...

Lava Hotsprings...we love love love it there. I am so glad you guys went and enjoyed it. From the pictures I think you ate at the Wagon Wheel??? Am I right? j/k We have been there like 15 times since we have been together so it is quite the Philpot Family favorite. Dinky little town but so cozy and fun and pretty!

Happy Anniversary!

Lindsay

Alesha said...

I love your pics! I have never been snow shoeing and I totally want to! Nothing beats the Wagon Wheel...its about the only place to eat there! I really would love to go there in the winter. It looks like you guys had a great time!

Thompson Family said...

That sounds so fun! I didn't know there was so much to do at Lava Hot Springs - it makes me want to go there:)

Gina said...

Fun times! You totally made me want to go! Happy Anniversary you little love birds!

Ian, Kels & Lilly said...

This looks like so much fun. I love winter activities. Happy Anniversary Brit and Brady!

Angela Strong said...

Looks like so much fun!!! Dave and I need to go there sometime....is it fun for kids too?? You guys do the best stuff!! Happy 3rd!