Sunday, November 9, 2008

Friends, Fun & FREEZING!

Friday night after work Brady and I, along with a few of our friends, drove up to Rice-Eccles stadium and camped out to get tickets for the BYU-Utah game which went on sale Saturday morning at 8:00 am. I don't consider myself a huge football fan that would ever dream about camping out in the cold for 15 hours, but I must admit, I had a great time and will thoroughly enjoy watching the U beat BYU on the 22nd. This is Katie, me and Brady at the beginning of the night preparing for the long night ahead
Just us

It was such an awesome surprise when the Utah football players and Coach Whittingham brought everyone pizza from The Pie! It totally hit the spot! We couldn't pass up getting a picture with King Louie!! We were all kind of star struck, it was funny.

Brady asked Coach Whittingham if he could get a picture with him and the next thing we know, this kid on a bike rolls up and asks if he can be in the picture and then the kid on the left of Coach asked too; we have no idea who they are! Everyone wanted in on the fun. I bet the team felt like rock stars; everyone was cheering really loud and asking to get pictures with them. It was really cool.

We found the Red Bull girls and they gave us free Red Bull, it helped me to stay awake

This is us at 5:00 in the morning after falling asleep for a couple hours. We were pretty tired! None of our friends had a tent so we just slept out underneath the stars. It wasn't as cold as you'd think, but it definitely wasn't very warm either!

I failed to get a picture of us and our tickets because as soon as we got in the car we only had one thing on our minds....SLEEP! Right when we got home, around 9:30 am, we fell asleep until a little after 1:00 pm. I feel like my whole weekend has been out of wack, but it was so worth it! We are super excited for the game and had a great time camping out! Go Utes!

18 comments:

Team Beardshall said...

First of all way to go...you are a champ. We did that one year but ended up not getting tickets!!! But all the players and coach too, that is too cool. I am a bit jealous..especially since BYU is toast this year!!! I love to see that there are people that are crazier fans than me! Go utes!!!

Joan Peterson said...

You two live in the fast lane of life, not money, just making everything a great adventure out of any situation. Fun, fun, fun. Liz was excited to see you. It was the first thing she said when they came to dinner today. She had never lived around family so a chance encounter is a real treat for her.
One rather delicate question; were there bathrooms?
Love, Nana

Kara said...

Fun!!! Go Utes!! I lvoe that you guys got pictures with them! ha Ha

Sean and Mekensy said...

I can't believe you camped out! That had to have been freezing! I thought my feet were going to fall off at the game on Thursday night. So... I can't even imagine! You are a trooper! It will be well worth it! Go Utes!!!

Thompson Family said...

You guys are so adventurous!! I don't think I could do that! It should be an exciting game! Go Utes!

Gina said...

I have always wanted to camp out for something! FUN! I am sure the game will be awesome!

kori said...

You are a trooper! I bet it was freezing.

becca said...

I can't believe you guys did that! You guys are awesome! I had to show Ryan this post because I knew he would love it. He wants me to tell you that he always knew you were his favorite cousin. Awesome pictures! We are super excited for the game too! Go Utes!

Matt said...

This is awesome! We would love to see you at the game! Email me with your cell phone and we'll come find you (matthewsherry@gmail.com). It's been too long!

Sara and Collin said...

I am so super jealous you got tickets!!! I bet it was freezing but will be well worth it. The game is going to be so much fun. We will be watching on TV. Go Utes!

Team Fraser said...

awe that looks like it was so much fun! Brings me back to the day when I slep out to get and xbox360... GO UTES!!!!

Jake and Linzey Jordison said...

That's awesome that you guys camped out in the cold! How nice of coach and the players. I am also going to the game. GO UTES!!!!

Alesha said...

I love you two! I love that you are wearing that hat and gloves I gave you like 10 years ago for christmas and I love that you two do such fun things!

Kris and Brent said...

Um, I'm still pretty impressed that you did that.....who are you??? What a great adventure! I bet that's a night you two will remember for the rest of your lives. When you're 80 you'll be saying, "Remember when we were just youngsters and we stood in line all night for tickets to the BYU/Utah game? How did we do that?" Gotta love it, baby!

Anonymous said...

I have always wanted to do something like that...I think it sounds fun, daring and adventurous. Like I always say do it now while you are young and FREE!

James_R_Us said...

You're so cute... And for 5 am you look amazing!!! Wish I could say that I follow the Utes, but we'll be watching the Illinois/Ohio game Saturday!!

xoxoxo
Kristy

missy moo said...

Fun pics of you guys camping out! Love the RED BULL... thata baby!! Hey Britton and Brady... ... smell! Ha ha... love you guys!

Kerry Hoaglund said...

How fun! I love football but I'm not partial to any teams. But I guess if I HAD to choose....I'd probably pick the Utes. Don't tell my family that...they are hardcore BYU fans! Hahahaha! I'm glad you had fun!