Thursday, November 22, 2007

Anyone Want to go to the Gun Show?






Last night some friends of ours called and asked if we wanted to go to the shooting range and shoot some guns. Brady and I have never even held a gun in our whole lives, let alone shoot one, so we said "yes!" I have to admit, I was really scared. When we got there I instantly got dry mouth, my hands were sweating, I felt like I was going to throw up and my hands were shaking...now I know how my body reacts to true fear I guess. I've never heard a gun shot in real life (thank goodness) and then all of the sudden I'm surrounded by shots being fired left and right...Um, can you say SCARY? Brady was scared too and he'll even admit to it! He went first and did a great job like always and hit the target many times. The love of guns must be a boy thing because I was the only girl there and I wasn't sure how I felt about it, but all the boys loved it. It was finally my turn; while I was giving myself a prep talk and about ready to shoot, all the sudden I hear a machine gun go off and it scared the living daylights out of me! I instantly dropped the gun and had to regain my composure. Anyways, to make a long story short, I shot the gun 4 times and then I had had enough. As we were walking out, one of the employees talked me into shooting that machine gun that absolutely scared me. I didn't really want to, but all the boys said I should and convinced me that it was a once in a lifetime thing. It was a $25,000 gun that shoots 18 bullets a second....wow! So, I shot the gun and it was cool, I must admit. So, here are some pictures of the exciting night!

6 comments:

Thompson Family said...

You are so brave! And so cute! Way to go! -Melissa

Anonymous said...

You two look like you should be on "Walker, Texas Ranger"!

Anonymous said...

You crazy? I would be FREAKED out!

becca said...

Wow, way to be brave! Ryan wants to get a concealed weapons permit and I told him no because I am too scared to have a gun in the house! Those things are scary!

Gina said...

I want a ticket to the gun show! I love shooting! That is great! Even more great that you guys are smiling and trying to actually look cute in that silly gear! Just kidding, you guys are hot.

Gina said...

Ok...I just read the commentary and was cracking up! You totally dropped the gun!