Monday, August 25, 2008

Livin' La Vida Loca

We arrived home safe and sound last night from Mexico. We had such a good time; I don't even know where to begin explaining it. Between the 9 of us that went, we have so many pictures; I obviously can't post them all so I'll just post some of the ones I have and give you the highlights of the trip. We are having a picture-swapping party this weekend so when I get more, and if there are any super cute ones, I'll post a few more as well. This was our initerary:

Day 1- Leave LA at 5:00 PM
Day 2- At Sea
Day 3- Cabo San Lucas
Day 4- Mazatlan
Day 5- Puerto Vallarta
Day 6- At Sea
Day 7- At Sea
Day 8- Arrive in LA at 7:00 AM and catch the plane to come home

Some highlights from the trip, in no particular order:
** Laying around the pool and working on my tan

** Unlimited ice cream cones all day long; one day Missy had 6 of them!

** Having GREAT food for every meal - I probably gained a few pounds because of it, but it was awesome!

** Trying new foods like duck, mahi mahi, escargot, chilled fruit soups, codd and the list goes on and on.

** Snorkeling in Cabo and playing on the beautiful beaches

** Zip lining across rainforests and rivers in Puerto Vallarta

** Attending great shows on the cruise ship - one of which was a magic show which Brady was a part of! It was so much fun to see him standing on stage with all the lights and excitement going on.

** Playing a game called The Quest with just the adults on the ship. It was so much fun to be on a team with all of our friends and do silly things like: "have a girl come up wearing a pair of mens pants", "have a man on your team come up wearing a bra, women's lipstick and woman's shoes," "I need a guy and a girl to come up and the guy needs to suck the girls' toe" (that was me and Brady who did that one; afterwards he was literally gagging because he thought it was so nasty, but come on, my feet aren't that bad). The list goes on and on, it was SUCH a fun game to play!!

** Learning to play Egyptian Rat Killer, a card game.

** Having Brady participate in the Twist-off contest (see video above- that's not me in the video, I was too shy, it's Shauna), even though he didn't win, that boy can really dance!

** Having GREAT customer service for a whole week straight.

** Hanging out in the airport on the way home with Missy and Brady for hours waiting for our flight.

** Talking Brady into reading Twilight...he actually seems to be enjoying it!

** Missy bargaining on the beach for jewelry. Instead of getting one ring for $37, she got two rings for $20! She is amazing!!

** Having Missy take the reigns and plan our days with fun activities.

** Brady playing shuffle board on the ship for hours on end with his friends.

** Spending quality time with Brady. We never got a "Real" honeymoon so this was great. It was our first BIG trip together, we had a blast!

I am so sad it's all over with. It's weird how much time and planning goes into a vacation and then before you know it, it's all over! We had such a great time!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

So we did that cruise when Whitters was a baby and left her home...it was seriously the funnest thing we have ever done...what a blast...it looks like you guys had the time of your lives Livin la vida loca!!! You go girl!

missy moo said...

AWE SIS... I LOVE WHAT YOU WROTE!! I have much too say, but it is much too late!... I'll write tomorrow

missy moo said...

I spelled one of the "too"s wrong... it's late though, so please forgive me!

Alesha said...

Oh it looks like so much fun! I love all the pics. I totally want to do it! You guys look great in the pics!

Thompson Family said...

What a fun trip!! Sounds like you guys had a blast! I love the video of Brady dancing:)

Sara and Collin said...

I am so jealous. Cruises are too much fun. I hope me and Coll can do something like that when he is done with school. Love the pics.

Natalie Carver said...

I loved looking at all of these pictures and notes of some of the stuff that you guys did! You went with such a fun group! I am so jealous of your tan! I hate when it is all over with too, it goes by way to fast

Kris and Brent said...

Sounds like a rip-roarin' time! I love that you listed all the highlights - I got a definite idea of what you guys did and enjoyed. All of it sounds SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS!

Kara said...

Fun!! It looks like you guys had a blast! I love the video of BRady and Shauna! Ha Ha ha

Kara said...

P.S. Love your dress on the formal night! Sooo cute

Gina said...

SO fun Brit! I love the twist and shout video! It sounds like an amazing time! I am glad you had fun. You totally made me want to cruise again!

Matt Olsen Family said...

Glad you had a great time and that you guys are home safe! Love ya.