Saturday, September 27, 2008

Week In Review

I have been the worst blogger lately!! It's just been one of those weeks, you know? Between work, watching all my new shows (The Biggest Loser, The Office, Greys Anatomy and America's Next Top Model...just to name a few), finding time for the gym, preparing a lesson for Sunday and other such things, we did find time for some really fun activities this week! We went and saw a "pre-screening" of the movie 'The Express- The Ernie Davis Story' with some of our friends. It doesn't come out until October 10th. It was a really good movie. You know, one of those feel-good sports movies. I don't know if I would have gone to see it had I not been invited to see it for free, but it's definately a good show.
Brady's mom got us free passes to the Body Worlds Exhibit (thanks Karen) so we also did that. We had gone to the Body Exhibition in Vegas last year so we were really excited to go again. I learned a lot of really interesting things. At the door they gave us a little book and a pencil to write things down that we learned along the way. For example: Do you know how long the blood network (veins, vessels, arteries ,etc.) in the body is? Well, I'll tell you; it's 60,000 miles long. Pretty cool, huh? Did you know your heart pumps 1,800 gallons of blood through your body a day? Did you know a bull's heart weighs 5 pounds, compared to a human heart that weighs between 7-15 ounces? I mean, I learned some really cool stuff! So, if you get the chance to go, be sure to make time!

And finally, last night after work we went and got sushi, one of our favorite things! Overall, it's been a great week and a great weekend. Although, I'm not sure if I'm ready for the weekend to be over just yet, but oh well. Life is good!

7 comments:

Sara and Collin said...

I want to go to that body exhibit so bad. I know me and Col would love it. I didn't know they had it in Utah.

Jake and Linzey Jordison said...

I loved the body worlds exhibit!! We went last Sunday. It was very interesting, even for someone in the medical field.

Alesha said...

I was interested in checking out the bodies exhibit. It was cool huh? I heard it is pretty pricey, good thing you got free tickets.

Joan Peterson said...

You two surely make the most of your weekends! Once there are children it is much more difficult to slip away so hooray for you both. Do all you can when you can - as long as it is GOOD stuff.
Love, Nana

Kris and Brent said...

I can't wait to go to the Body Exhibit - I love that sort of thing. And I still want to go to the Sushi place you like.....take us with you some time, okay?

Amy & Glade said...

I didn't know that you were also a sushi fan. YAY now I have another sushi partner. When I go back to work a bunch of us will have to go over to Ahh Sushi for lunch (or dinner) one of these days. I want to go to that body exhibit too but for me and the whole fam it would cost us almost $100 :(

Kara said...

Cool!! I really want to go to that body exhibit! I love stuff like that! It is so interesting how amazing the body is and when I learn stuff about the body I can't help but think that it is such proof of a supreme being! - On a side note it really is kind of creepy that they are real body parts!!!