Thursday, October 23, 2008

Break-In

I got these pictures off the internet...this isn't our car.
As some of you know, I take Trax to work on the days that I don't drive with Brady. Well, Tuesday night after work, Brady picked me up because we had dinner plans with my family and then we were going to Hale Center Theater to see a play. The play was really long so we didn't even leave Hale until about 10:45 pm. On the way home Brady said "we need to go pick the car up from the Trax station," and I said "well, I'm kind of tired and it's late; we've left the car there before, it will be fine, let's just get it tomorrow"....
BIG MISTAKE!
Yesterday after work when I got off Trax and walked up to the car, I noticed that it been broken into, I was not a happy camper. The funny thing is that nothing was stolen! Not even the CD player. You've got to understand that this isn't a car you'd necessarily think people would want to break into. It's a 16 year old Chrysler New Yorker...I bet the thieves didn't know it had an alarm on it!!! I'm glad nothing was stolen, but now we're left with a broken passenger-side window and it's just starting to get really cold outside! Rats! I mean, if I'm going to spend around $150 dollars (I'm assuming that's how much a new window will cost) I'd rather spend it on a new pair of jeans or something, definitely not a car window. Oh well, life could be worse!

11 comments:

Brady and Britton said...

Brady- IS IT JUST ME OR IS THAT FIRST HAND GOING THROUGH THE WINDOW REALLY SCARY...IT LOOKS LIKE A ZOMBIES HAND AND IT GIVES ME THE HEEEEBY GEEEEBYS....

Natalie Carver said...

Oh you guys I am so sorry to hear that! That sucks! I hate spending money on a car! I would rather spend it other places like you....
Sorry

Heather and Kade Scott said...

I am sorry that sucks! I had my car broken into a few months ago and had my ipod stollen and it cost about $100 to fix my window. I hate theives!

Gina said...

Awe man! At least nothing was stolen. That is so annoying though!

kori said...

I hate when stuff like that happens! I agree-new pants are much better than a stupid car window

Kris and Brent said...

I'm with you--I hate car problems of any kind! I'm glad nothing was taken, but it's still such a hassle having to get it fixed. No more slumber bumbers at TRAX!

Sean and Mekensy said...

Awe Britt that stinks! I don't understand why people do that. Having to spend money on fixing your car is the worst.

Alesha said...

That is really wierd that it was that car and that they didnt steal anything. people are so lame.

Matt Olsen Family said...

I have had my car broken into before with nothing stolen as well. I was really mad and felt really violated. That stinks...sorry.

Team Fraser said...

Oh dear! Well maybe you could just tape a lastic bag over it and put a blanket over it on the inside for insulation! :) Sorry people that having nothing better to do really suck!

matt & shannyn said...

wow brittle no way that stinks i am sorry thats lame! i love the new yorker! ha ha thats what i drove in high school holla! xoxo