Sunday, April 20, 2008

We did it!!

On Saturday we ran in the Salt Lake City Marathon and it was AWESOME! We did our first 1/2 marathon which is 13.1 miles and it definitely won't be our last! After spending most of the night on Friday at Nickelcade, I thought I would be dead tired, but surprisingly I wasn't. I had a hard time going to sleep because I kept invisioning myself crossing the finish line...weird, I know. The race started at 7:00 AM so we woke up at 5:00 AM, caught Trax around 6:00 AM and made it up to the U about 15 minutes before it started. There was loud music playing, a gospel choir singing and LOTS of people, it was such an exciting atmosphere! The weather was perfect, not too hot and not too cold, with a slight wind, it couldn't have been better. We didn't take any pictures before the race, but Missy was down at the finish line waiting to take our picture, what a GREAT sister! (My parents and Brady's parents were both out of town).





This is us at the finish line....how exciting! They were giving out water bottles, bananas, creamies, hot dogs, taquitos and all sorts of good food.



A banana creamie never tasted SO GOOD!


This is a picture of us taking our blood pressure after the race...I'm happy to say that we're both healthy!!




This is a picture of the home-stretch of the race. It started at the U and ended at the fountains at The Gateway. It was an amazing feeling running through a crowd of thousands of people hearing them cheer; an experience I'll never forget! After we had gone home and taken a nap, Brady surprised me with a couples massage at Massage Envy; it was AWESOME!! Our legs really needed it....my calfs are still SO TIGHT!

18 comments:

Natalie Carver said...

Tony and I went to the Gateway on Saturday for lunch, we saw people running in the marathon. We thought to ourselves..."who on earth would run in this!?!?!" LOL We aren't good runners! Congrats to you guys! What an awesome accomplishment for you both! We hope all is well!

Day by Day Design said...

That is amazing! I dont know that I could ever run a marathon!! I am very impressed! Oh and where did you find your template for your blog? You always have such cute ones!

Alesha said...

Once again I say your husband is SO cute! Brady...good work, you are very thoughtful! Did you "run" the whole thing...I am doing a trail run on May 10th , its only about 4 miles, anymore I am not sure I could run the whole thing...

Anonymous said...

You guys are awesome!!

Team Fraser said...

Congrats! That is so awesome! I can't wait till next year totally my goal to run the half! Maybe we can get a bunch of us to do it! PS I love your jacket.

missy moo said...

You and Brady are AMAZING... I loved being there at the finish to see you two little cuties... (although I felt Lazy... with a capitol L). Impressive!! Keep it up!!

Ian, Kels & Lilly said...

Wow Brit I am so impressed. One time I thought about trying to run a marathon.....but I am entirely to lazy! Good job you guys are awesome.

Matt Olsen Family said...

Good job you guys!!!

Thompson Family said...

Way to go, you two! That's a big accomplishment. Dusty wants to do the marathon next year, and maybe if I can get in shape after the baby comes, I'll try to do it with him. What a fun experience!

Stacey said...

Oh good I am glad that you posted this because I was thinking about it all the way home from LV. Great job! I hope to be there at the next one :) You guys both look great for just running that long

Heather and Kade Scott said...

I know I forgot I had a babyshower I had to attend. I will be there Thursday for sure!

Kris and Brent said...

High fives to both of you! What an accomplishment.....13 miles sounds like an awful long way to run! You both look cute in the picture Missy took - my face would have been BEET red for sure! Dad and I would LOVE to have been there.....

Kris and Brent said...

I am so proud of you both. What a incredible accomplishment. I wish my knees would let me run with you.

Love, Papa Olsen

Julia M. said...

You are so tough, Britton! I'm so glad you commented on my blog. I think you and Brady are super tough and I totally wish I was like you!

Kerry Hoaglund said...

Good for you!!! That's so awesome! By the way...you two both don't look like you just ran a marathon at all! Ha ha ha!

Anonymous said...

I am so so proud of you guys. and I am cracking up that you guys played at nicklecade the night before. How would it be? I don't run at all, so I am totally impressed.

Gina said...

How fun! It really makes me want to do a marathon! I love and miss that feeling of running on the homestretch with everyone cheering! Oh to good ole' track days. Except that was only 400 meters...not 13 miles! Good job!

McKenzie said...

Great job guys! I am really impressed! That is my goal by the end of the summer. Oh and happy birthday Britton! It sounds like it was a great one!