Thursday, July 10, 2008

Lagoon - It's What Fun Is!

Yesterday was my dad's work Lagoon day so you betcha we planned on going! It was so much fun! This is us getting ready to leave for Lagoon. Thanks Missy for organizing it and getting our tickets for us!
Waiting for The Rocket to take off. Um, yeah, I passed on this ride this year. Last year I was almost in tears because I'm so afraid of heights. No thanks!!

Brady and Bevin bonding while Mindy and Dustin were on The Rocket. Brady is so cute with her and will make a GREAT dad some day!


Brady and Bevin really hit it off when he got this stuffed gorilla for her because he won the game "Spill the Milk," a game where you throw balls at fake milk jugs. He was jumping around and throwing his hands in the air when he knocked them all over, especially when the 14-year old kid, in his best carnival-esque voice, yelled "We have a winner, he spilled the milk!" Brady was so excited!



Eating lunch, so yummy! Hamburgers, hot dogs, unlimited drinks, chips, watermelon, brownies, popcorn, cotton candy and ice cream.

Here are pictures of us on the Tilt-A-Whirl, one of the best rides at Lagoon. We went on this twice and I felt quite sick after the 2nd time. I heard someone call it the Tilt-A-Hurl and that's exactly how I felt afterwards!





Brady eating a churro he found on the ground! He picked it up and Sean said "I'll give you 10 dollars if you eat that" so Brady picked it up and ate it! Sean was pulling out his 10 dollar bill when Brady said that he didn't need to pay him; so he did it for free! Yes folks, that's my husband for ya...Gotta love him!


Towards the end of the day we were all SO hot that we decided to go on Rattle Snake Rapids and it was so much fun. I got pretty soaked, which you can't really tell from this picture because it was so hot and dried pretty quickly. If you enlarge the picture, then yes, it looks like I peed my pants. Rest assured, that I did not pee my pants, it's just wet from the ride. :)

13 comments:

Kris and Brent said...

Loved this post! All the pics and stories behind them were great! And NO, I cannot believe that Brady ate that churro off the ground......it kind of makes me gag. On the other hand, high fives to him for winning that cute stuffed animal for Bevin - looks like she loved it! All of you look like you had a great time! Next time dad and I will have to go!

Angela Strong said...

I haven't been to Lagoon in over 20 years! Looks like a lot of fun! You guys look so cute in your pics and baby Bevin looks so chubby and sweet!I'm with you Britty, I don't do heights or major g-forces! Nope, not for me!

Alesha said...

I want to go! I haven't been to Lagoon in years! I really wish I could go! Um and just for the record Koen was narrating every pic for me..."Playing monkey" "Eating dinner" haha Thanks buddy!

Day by Day Design said...

Fun! I haven't been there forever! Glad you guys had a good time!

Thompson Family said...

I want to go to Lagoon! That looks way fun! I wonder if Summer would like the kiddie rides??

Blass Family said...

So that is so funny we went to Lagoon the samer day! We have season passes and go often we usually only go for few hours with the kids! It look like you guys had fun!!! My fam like the tilt a whirl too because we can all go on it together, but it makes me SICK too!!! I still want to look at Mindy and Staceys blogs ask them to add me so I can see there cute families!

Kara said...

Fun! I love Lagoon! :) We went a few weeks ago. I hadn't been since 9th grad promotion!! Ha Ha it truly is "what fun is"
PS. I don't blame you for not riding the Rocket!! It is much too scary for me too!

kori said...

What a fun day! I hate that rocket ride too-not my idea of fun!

Joan Peterson said...

The roller coaster has always been my favorite ride but I have not been for about 15 years. At this point in time I think I would just stand and wave at all of you. Some of my best memories took place at Lagoon from ages 15 - 20. The dance floor was great and all the Big Bands came to play in the mid 1950's - Tommy and Jimmy Dorsey, Stan Kenton, so many, so fun, such great sounds. It has been more than 50 years and I still remember the music and spinning around the floor - great dates!!! I went with some fantastic dancers but fell in love and married a doctor - well, you can't have everything but I got most of it. Love, Nana

Natalie Carver said...

I love LAGOON! We went on Saturday and had so much fun! It reminded me of being a kid again! Looks like you had fun!

Stacey said...

That is so fun! I remember trying to all fit on the tilt a worel last year GOOD TIMES!

Team Fraser said...

Sounds so fun and I am totally jealous! I am going to have to wait till frightmares to be able to enjoy the rides of Lagoon!

Matt Olsen Family said...

Good pics and how fun!