Thursday, July 24, 2008

My Husband is SUCH a Trooper!

Let me begin this post by back-tracking to last night. Every Wednesday night Brady and his friends play in a recreation basketball league, so that's what he did last night. They were short 2 players so everyone on the team had to play the whole time. Brady came home and told me that his feet were hurting, so he took off his shoes and socks and this is what his feet looked like! He was running so hard that it started taking the skin off the bottom of his big toes! I felt so bad. I knew that he wouldn't want to run in the Deseret News 10K that we registered for, so I just planned to run by myself this morning. So, I woke up at 4:45 AM and got ready for the race and all of the sudden he gets out of bed and starts getting ready too! I was so happy, even though I told him I didn't think he should run with his feet all blistered like they are, but he insisted. (I know he did it because I kept talking about how excited I was to run this morning, he is the best!)



This is what we came up with...Neosporin, gauze and blue paint tape! It seemed to suffice throughout the race because he did great! I have to tell you he did better than I did and I wasn't the one with blisters.
We took the picture of us in the car on the way up to the University (We started at University Research Park and ran down to Liberty Park). Before every race we always eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, so we just thought we would document it.


This picture was taken after the race! We put the camera on self-timer and put it on the hood of the car so we could get a picture of us at the end. I want to tell Brady that there is nobody else I would EVER want to run a race with besides you! Thanks for pushing me through when I want to quit and motivating me to "push it because we're almost there!" You are my best friend and my much needed support system, I love you SOOOOO much!

19 comments:

Kris and Brent said...

Congratulations to both of you! You guys are maniacs! Love the pics of Brady's blue toes.....

Alesha said...

What a good hubby! And a tough guy! I totally want to run in these races with you next summer!

Blass Family said...

That is so sweet of Brady! You guys are awesome for running in these races!

kori said...

What a trooper! I serisouly am so impressed that you run so far!

Team Beardshall said...

Yeah Britton!!! Your blog is too cute! Good for you running a 10 K, and good for your husband being a trooper. Good thing it was so early in the morning because it was so hot yesterday!!! Hope you had a great 24th!

Natalie Carver said...

Ok first Brady you have pretty good lookin feet for a guy! And second, way to go guys! You two are amazing! I wish that Tony and I had that much ambition! Great Job

Giron Family said...

Aww you guys are sooo freakin' cute. What a good hobby to do together. Keep ya in shape and healthy! Mmm love PB&J.

Keelee said...

You go girl!! That is so awesome you do that together, such a cute couple! Your page is darling by the way.

McKenzie said...

I am cracking up over Brady's blue toes!!! Whatever works I guess. Britton I totally agree with you about having someone there to push you a long. It's probably annoying for Luke to try to run with me cause I am much slower and much more of a baby! I'm glad we have husbands though that help us out!

Angela Strong said...

I love that the two of you are so active and do such fun things together! I love the blue toes and the cute pics. Way to go guys!!!

Thompson Family said...

You two are amazing! When Mandy gets a bit bigger, Dusty and I need to start doing more things like that together:) Way to go!

Karen Morlock said...

I think you guys need a first aid kit! Brady you amaze me with the things you come up with! I am proud of you guys!

Team Fraser said...

Congrats! That is awesome...a 10K i don't think i'll ever be able to run over a 5K again!!

Stacey said...

That is so much fun. I am really proud of you and you truly are lucky to have Brady by your side. I want o run so bad I just don't have that push that I need. I am still not giving up!

Stacey said...

Thanks for to be a running buddy. I will for sure have to take you up on that offer next summer!

Anonymous said...

I always know that I am going to read a good post when I click on your link...Love that you guys are so stinkin' cute. What a great Hubby and best friend.

missy moo said...

Britton, don't with the "Brady's my best friend thing"... that's adorable!! You two are all I hope to be when I grow up! You two little rock stars you. Brady's poor feet!... those feet of his are already sensitive enough for crying out loud! Camping at Jordanelle was KICK AWESOME! We need to get back on the water ASAP! We may need to make sure Bradizzle brings his nose plug though next time. Love you two little monkeys... SMELL YA!

becca said...

That picture made me hurt! Ouch! You guys are so awesome for doing all these races. I want to do one with you! You will waste me, but it would still be fun!

Alysia & Bryce said...

What a trooper Brady is. You guys are so darling. I am glad to see the Sean does hang out with girls. My family had lost all hope. I am giving you the job of getting him married. I don't think it will happen unless someone is there to do it for him. Ha ha just kidding. Sean is super cute. I am sure one day it will happen.