Monday, October 24, 2011

Caribbean Cruise - Great Stirrup Cay

Our last stop was to Great Stirrup Cay, an island in the Bahamas that Norwegian Cruise Lines owns. It's beautiful and will be even more beautiful once all the construction on the island is complete. The water is so blue and pretty, I was in heaven. It wasn't very warm this day, kind of over cast, which was a bummer, but it was still so fun. We hung out on the beach, went snorkeling, ate lots of food (of course) and even took a nap on the lounge chairs. It was a great relaxing day. This lady was seriously walking around the whole beach with her metal/gold detector trying to find hidden treasures. I had to snap a pic of her because I thought it was so funny for some reason.
Is that blue water even serious? It's so clear I loved it! Along with the white sandy beaches, it was awesome.

Brady, Missy and Lesh stopping for a picture while we toured the whole island.


After we got back to the ship, showered and changed, we all put on our awesome orange shirts and celebrated my grandparents 69th wedding anniversary at Tepanyaki. I felt a little stupid because everyone was staring at us, but at the same time, I thought it was really fun and Grandma and Grandpa LOVED the shirts, which made theh embarassment all worth it.



All of us (minus Missy, Brady and me) at Tepanyaki. Great time for sure.



Can be as cute as my Grandma and Grandpa when I'm 89? They are so in love with each other and are such a great example of how a marriage is and how true love really does last. They are amazing!



The cute workers on the ship grew to love my grandparents, I mean, who doesn't love them, and brought in this really yummy cake for all of us to share after we were done eating dinner. It was so fun to celebrate their anniversary with them. They're already talking about another cruise this year to celebrate their 70th anniversary!



After a week of fun, laughter, all the ice cream one could wish for, sunshine, dancing and eating our hearts out, it was finally time to go home :(. Once we docked in Florida and were waiting to get off the ship it was so funny to see everyone instantly get on their phones. This picture of Brady, my dad and my mom pretty much sums it up!




The Caribbean was great and I can't wait to go back again sometime soon!



2 comments:

Alesha said...

CAn I please have some of that cake right now! Haha no sugar day 2...eek! haha I feel that same way about Gma and Gpa!

kori said...

what a fun trip! i loved reading all about it