Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Caribbean Cruise - Ocho Rios Jamaica

Jamaica was by far my most favorite stop. I loved everything about it! The hot weather, the people and how they speak (they always say "no problems in Jamaica, just situations"), the little shops and how beautiful it was. My entire family, except grandma and grandpa, swam with the dolphins and went to Dunns River Falls, while Brady and I went swimming with the horses and horse back riding. It was so much fun to spend the whole day with him. This is us on our way to the excursion, we were so excited.Jamaica was beautiful! I seriously loved it and the weather was amazing. Really hot and humid, but I loved it. While we were waiting to ride the horses, I asked someone to take this picture of us in front of the ocean because I loved it so much.

This is what we did! This was the group before us so I took a picture of them since I knew I wasn't going to take my camera with me in the water. We first rode around the island (see pics below) and then went bareback on the horse in the water. The horses were literally swimming in the water with us on their backs. It was so crazy. The horses make this weird noise when they swim and a couple times my horse almost made me fall off, but I stayed strong and stayed on. The next day my inner thighs were sore from straining to stay on the horse.

So amazing!


Striking a pose for the camera on my horse "Brittany" (that was the name they gave her, not me)


Brady looking sweet on his horse "Alex"


After riding around the island, we HAD to eat Jamaican Jerk Chicken - I mean we had to! I even bought the Jamaican Jerk spread so I can make it at home. I loved it. The Jamaican people eat the entire chicken, beak, feet, bones and everything! I think they thought it was weird that we threw all the bones and stuff away, but nonetheless, it was so good and I had to get a picture of Brady eating it. Btw, check Brady's sunburn. He got SO sunburned the first couple days and it was in such an odd pattern. You'll be able to see the weird lines in some of the pics throughout these posts. haha


After riding the horses, we of course went back to the ship and ate MORE food. it was great.





I absolutely love this picture of my grandparents. They are so special to me, I love them so much.


Later that evening, we went to a show (we went to a show almost every night) and Phil orderded so much food from the sports bar for dinner. We didn't go to a restaurant this night because we were all so hungry so we just did a huge buffet


Missy and aunt Suzi


SOOOOO much food!

Also, I forgot to mention that Brady was seriously chosen to be in almost every single game show. This night we were actually both chosen to be in family fued, it was so much fun. He was at the head of the group and had to introduce all of us. He said he was from Utah and that all the girls on his team were his wives and the boys were his cousins or something. Gosh, talk about living up to the typical Utah stereotype!!

1 comments:

Alesha said...

Brady's sunburn is the freakin best! HAAHAHAHA And so his his explanation in FF!