Friday, October 28, 2011

Caribbean Cruise - Cozumel, Mexico

We got an early start this morning because we had to catch a ferry to Playa del Carmen to meet a man named Helamen to tour the ruins of Tulum. We weren't in any sort of rush until we realized we had to catch the ferry at another dock a mile or so away! We ran through the town and made it just barely in time! It was SO hot and humid that once we got on the ferry, I was not in a good mood. I was so sweaty and just felt gross so Brady bought me a bottled water and I calmed down :). This is us on the way to catch the ferry before we realized what kind of rush we were in.

Finally made it on the ferry, trying to cool down! Brady wore the shirt he did because he felt like it looked like ruins and thought it was appropriate for the occasion.
Touring the ruins, which were pretty cool actually. I wasn't super excited about going, but it turned out to be really nice weather (not too hot or humid) and a great time to spend together learning about the history of Tulum.
Really cool, old temples


Listening to the tour guide. Helaman didn't actually give us the tour, it was his son Nefi (Nephi) and he was really nice. He gave us the tour with an LDS history of the ruins and talked about the Lamanites and stuff. It was really cool.

I wished I had brought my swimming suit because the beach there was so pretty and the water was too, but we didn't plan for it and didn't have enough time.

We stopped in the shops and looked around and enjoyed the experience. I bought the cutest Mexican bowl that was handmade and painted in the most vibrant colors. It was definitely a good time.

After a long day, we went back to the ship, so I had to get a pic of us in front of it, right?

Me and Miss. Phil and Alesha stayed back to eat at Margaritaville.

Later that night, Brady and Phil were both chosen to be in the Daning with the Stars competition! It was hilarious! I'll be honest, Brady can really bust a move and it was so fun watching him. Phil was so nervous, but ended up taking 2nd place! Brady got voted off because the judges thought he was too crazy and all over the place.

Brady busting a move...

This is him "backstage" being interviewed after he got voted off. It was so great.

Cozumel was a blast!

1 comments:

Alesha said...

The running, the sweating WOW that was so intense. I wasn't too happy about my sweaty back either! haha That dance competition...Brady rocked it lets be honest!