Thursday, March 27, 2008

Zumba!





I went to a new class at the gym last night and I absolutely LOVED it! It's called Zumba. The word "Zumba" is Spanish slang for "to move fast and have fun." And it seriously was so much fun! It's a mixture of hip-hop, salsa and samba dancing with really good music. It includes interval training, squats, resistance training and lots of other good stuff. Just thought I would let you all know that I really enjoyed it and if your local gym offers it, I think you should go! At first I felt kind of stupid, but as the class went on I started to feel more comfortable and really got into it. By the time the hour was over, I was really sweating! It's highly recommended if you want a fun, great workout!

12 comments:

brady and britton said...

Man my wife is about as active as one should be and I love it! I love running with her, playing catch, going to the park, and hopefully soon golfing with her. I think that she looks amazing and I've noticed a change in her body since she's been fully dedicated to fitness. I love you sexy mama!

Gina said...

That is super cute Brady! I feel so much better about myself since the gym has become a part of my life again too. I have actually heard of Zumba and I don't remember where! I am glad you liked it. Keep it up! By the way...glad you liked the ABC video. It is one of my faves:)

Alesha said...

That pretty much sound really fun! Do you still go to Golds? We are gonna need to figure something out for when we move home!

M I N D Y said...

I want to see some of your new moves!!!

Kerry Hoaglund said...

You know, I never really work out...but Jay and I made a deal to start when I get feeling better! That looks like fun! Maybe we'll have to try it someday! Ha ha ha!

Stacey said...

How cute of Brady to say that about you... what a great guy.

Stacey said...

Did you go to Golds? You will have to let me know next time that you go... It sounds fun!

Kris and Brent said...

That sounds so fun - although it would probably kill me AND throw my back out! Nevertheless, I might have to go sometime with you guys and try it. (Although I would have to check everyone to make sure no one was smuggling a camera in - the thought of that becoming a blog moment makes me cringe!

Alesha said...

LOVE the new background, cute pick! So funny, I was going to the gym yesterday and on the sign was "Zumba class coming soon"! WAHOO I'll have to try it out!

Matt Olsen Family said...

oooohhhh...I like your background.

missy moo said...

Zumba?? Can I please be Britton when I grow up?? You are addicted to working out... yes please!!

Day by Day Design said...

That sounds like fun! I need something fun to make me a regular at the gym! What gym do you work out at?